Every time I installed Windows Live Messenger, I’m sure will remove the ads which will displaying at the bottom of Windows Live Messenger. This time, I gonna be remove the ads again after update my old version of Windows Live Messenger to Windows Live Messenger 2011. I was thinking that if there is no ads appearing in Windows Live Messenger in future version, I believe that many people will clap their hands, I think this is impossible will going to happen. Haha! Anyway, for those people want to remove the Windows Live Messenger 2011 ads, there are two ways that you can do that.
(1) Remove ads without touching your registry or install any other software
1. Exit Windows Live Messenger 2011.
2. Run Notepad (Run as Administrator if you are using Windows Vista or 7)
3. Browse to this location C:\Windows\System32\drivers\etc and select All files (*.*)
4. Open Hosts file and input the following
5. Save and close the notepad.
(2) Remove ads Using A-Patch
A-Patch was last updated on 16th November 2010 and has the following customization ability over Windows Live Messenger 2011:
- Remove banner ad from contact list
- Remove text ad from chat window
- Remove nudge delay
- Disable nudge shake
- Remove search bar
- Accept more than 3 files transfer at a time
- Remove the top of contact list
- Remove the “Connected to…” bar
- Remove the “See More Offerings” items in the file menus
- Remove “Featured” section from the Emoticons “more” dialog box.
- Polygamy: open more than one messenger simultaneously
P/S: I propose you remove your ads using A-Patch.