Microsoft has already announced that they will kill Windows Live Messenger in all countries worldwide in first quarter 2013, but China will remain the only country to keep the application, the company has now confirmed that it would retire the service on 15 March 2013. Existing Windows Live Messenger users are encourage to migrate their current WLM account to Skype, so the WLM contacts and Skype contact’s will be merged .
Since I start using Facebook, many of my friends slowly quit from Windows Live Messenger, and even I also seldom login to Windows Live Messenger anymore. Everybody is using Facebook chat, I believe that this is one of the reason of retiring of Windows Live Messenger.
So how to merge Windows Live Messenger account with Skype account? Please refer to the following steps, it is easy!
- Download and install the latest version of Skype.
- Launch your Skype. Logout your existing Skype account if you are still login.
- Sign in using your Microsoft account (Messenger, Hotmail, or Outlook.com).
- Sign in your existing Skype account by clicking “I have a Skype account”. It will merge your Windows Live Messenger contacts with your existing Skype account now.
- Done! You can start chat with your friends – all in one application.